Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A total coco-nut!

Here is the coconut oil I use for those out there who asked about it. (Spectrum- organic virgin coconut oil, unrefined) Below you can see that it comes as a more solid (but not too hard) consistency. This is perfect for any beauty uses it has. You can also heat it (I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds) and it liquefies clear the same as every other oil out there, but has a slight coconut flavoring, so this is perfect for baking or cooking Asian type foods in a skillet.
The last picture is of a yummy low fat treat by Dreyers, coconut fruit bars! They are Gluten free and perfect for my little lady who I am trying the new diet with (Also the rice in the jar behind the coconut oil is good for this diet too, we have to stay away from brown rice and all things containing wheat)
Anyhow, most of Dreyer's fruit bars are not only Gluten free, but also Casein free (GF/CF will be a term I use on here) She happens to want every flavor of them, but NOT coconut! What do I say abou that? The same thing anyone with kids would say, good, more for me! ;)
truely I am a little coconut crazy, and not ashamed to admit it! Between that and my love of the garlic, rosemerry, olive oil trifecta, my taste buds are always happy! I will have to post on that later!



No comments:

Post a Comment