Monday, May 4, 2009

Just a few things that work for me.....

I LOVE these "Scotch Bright" 3M rags. It is nice to use old t-shirts to wash the cars or whatever, some people prefer to use them for everything, but I love these as they are micro fiber, and made in a way that just picks up all the junk I am trying to clean or polish....
This is my sink and you can see, not everything is home made, but the big green container is my all purpose cleaner, with the Scotch Bright towel handy to use with it! And the white one is the lemon/olive oil for furniture polish. I had to change out my bottle on that as the nozzle was not spraying right.... And I definitely love the Lysol antibacterials for things that need an extra deep clean, like after I chop chicken or something, I have them in my messy girls bathrooms, I use them sparingly, but I definitely love them!
Ok, I got this trick many years ago from my friend who was telling me her husband did this.... To be honest, she was.... well, Ok, she was not happy about it as she said it went over the OCD line, but I happened to LOVE it! She and her husband by the way are awesome, and have many great ideas, but as a house wife, I was happy to steal this one from him! Each girls socks shrink a little or new ones are bigger and when I am doing laundry with the EXACT same socks, hundreds of them, I end up with a mound of socks.... This drives me NUTS when I have to lay them all out and try to figure out where this one goes and then when I pull them out, I see "Oh the little girls got mixed up and these don't fit you"
DRIVES ME BONKERS, I HATE MATCHING SOCKS!!!
So now they are each initialed and numbered as soon as the package is opened with a sharpie. I took a picture of her with old ones on so you can see, they are still numbered, and for me the system works. It is a MILLION times faster putting the socks together!
I now do this with all of our socks, so if your house has a shoes off rule, (like my next home will be) Then you will see the initial "D" and a number on my toes!!! ;)
These are just a few tricks that work for me.... Post a few of your own, but be willing to have the idea stolen form you, as I love all tips and tricks of organizing the home that has children in it and I find comfort finding new great ideas!

1 comment:

  1. My dad used to mark all our socks! He was a single parent of 3 kids and needed life to be simpler. It really is a great idea...I should do it too. I'm trying to think of any tips/tricks I have...I'll have to think about that more. I shoudl post about that...:)

    ReplyDelete