Monday, May 11, 2009

It's not wife's day people!

These are what my little girls call "Kissing fish" .... So I wake up to Mother's day with my husband who made an omelet for me. Not in his bag 'o tricks, and since we did not have any new eggs, he used an old one... Yes people, I ate a rotten egg omelet for breakfast. But I did appreciate the thought. Until my belly started hurting and UNTIL I asked where the loot was... I mean, I always get a gift on mother's day, so why is this any different.... Then I was informed that it was not wife's day, so since I was not his mother, there was no gift for me.... (no he did not send his mom one either, so there lies the truth!)
Anyhow, my feelings were hurt and I decided to give my second born daughter a gift of using this lapse of judgment on her father's part as an excuses to buy her the fish she has been wanting.
Now these are salt water fish and since my toddler thought it would be fun to sprinkle the extra salt in there, I put them in a measuring cup to clean the bowl.. (Where does she get the energy, one, and two, find new things to make a mess out of?.. I will never know!)

By the way, these stupid fish have yet to kiss any of us! Just what I needed, someone else with attitude in the house! :)

All in all, I was able to relax. My oldest gave me a foot rub, my middle told me she was on her best behavior because it was "Mutters day" and the baby cuddled up and watched a movie. All in all a good day was had by me and I wish I had more relaxing days!!

I hope you all had a happy mother's day... Even though, It's not wife's day people! ;)

1 comment:

  1. love the header!!! Glad you had a good day, you deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete