Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Redwoods



They were enormous and beautiful... The Redwoods are so awesome due to the sheer size, but also to realize some of those babies are 2000 years old! It is just amazing. The trip there was not so bad, but we definitely had our share of whining. After everyone ate the picnic lunch we started off exploring... And without skipping a beat our second daughter had a melt down. I was afraid the trip was not such a good idea, but then her daddy took her and the dog in one direction, and I took off in the other with the oldest and youngest... and I have to say, once we split up, it was enjoyable! Daddy even said the wildness went tame on his end too! I got some nice shots and we enjoyed the rest of the time there. Wild woman even found a worm (pictured) she named him "Silky" We met back up to finish exploring and Silky stayed on the walk through the gigantic trees the rest of the day until it was ( just in time) time to pack up and depart.
Although it is hard, and gets harder the older the kids get, I love that the military sends us to different places around the world. My children have had so many more opportunities to experience such beautiful things than I did growing up and I am very thankful about that!

4 comments:

  1. I'm confused, where are you stationed? I thought you were in North Carolina or something like that.

    Gorgoues pictures!I had one of my birthdays (27th maybe) in the redwoods, camping with two friends. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in California while J gets his Masters degree. It is so beautiful here! Did you grow up in California?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should really be better about commenting on your blog, which ROCKS, by the way.

    I love your photos of the redwoods. AWESOME!

    I got your FB messages and video and need to just call you. I'm fine, I was just SO pissed the other day after the scale, but I know that you understand that feeling. Which is why I went to you. :) My bud gets it! Here's to a better week. Calling you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dejeun, I didnt check back till just now to see if you commented on my question (another reason you need to change your blog so I get emails when you or other's make comments!I'm just saying...:)

    I grew up in San Diego and Oceanside and we will probably move back there in late 2010.

    ReplyDelete