Wednesday, July 7, 2010




This is my dining room (the table pictured is not there anymore, it is an empty room right now with just a Hutch on the wall) and the table with the slate in the middle is the table we have been waiting on since JANUARY from Germany.... I am patient and now we are getting free shipping on this, but can I please have a dinning room table to eat at as we are playing musical chairs at the Kitchen Island! lol.... Good things come to those who wait I guess since this is the table I have wanted since we lived in Germany many many years ago, it is made out of reclaimed wood from farm houses in Germnay, France, The Netherlands, and Spain, all the pieces are amazing, and the people who build it are the nicest people with their base in Germany.
I am just on pins and needles to finally have a dining room table back, I will keep you posted, Poker table, still unfinished as we have had some Chimney issues and lots of small weekend warrior projects, home owning is constant upkeep, it is so funny how when we were in Germany or renting, my girls would do something and I would think, "no biggie, I'll hit it with the Mr. Clean Magic eraser later" and now I see them wreaking havoc and I think " Someone wants to die trying to destroy my house today!" lol, it is so funny the things I worry about now, are the trees too close to the house, should we repaint that, seal that, replace that... *sigh* and so it goes... So hopefully I can get my new dining room table, something that wont require me working on the weekends, something pretty I can enjoy and it is rustic enough if my crazies scrape, rub, poke it, it will look fine....
Now I have until it comes to decide which dinning chairs I should get, I am thinking a bench or settee on one side and a few chairs on the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment