Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Socks


I love new socks.... The problem with socks though is that as they are washed and shrink in sizes, the sizes are not that far apart. I have three little girls and they get mixed up, oldest with middle and middle with youngest even though we buy different style socks for each kiddo, SO, our solution has been for many years to label them... We have done this since we were in Germany and my amazing friend's husband had a theory to label socks and number them. It is GREAT and I LOVE organization... So, I have done this over the years, great system, HOWEVER< I watched the Jerry Seinfeld show "The Marriage Ref" and they had a guy on there who numbered and did Left and Right, and they totally laughed about it... I think it's funny too, but the fact is, it works and I wont stop! BUT, it did make me go less neurotic, so now it is just the girls FIRST initial on their lot of socks and no more numbers R-1 R-1, R-2 R-2, R-3 R-3.... Now were down to just "R" I could certainly go oerboard with organization if I could, BUT it is supposed to help add time to my life and the numbers added a short time to the sorting by trying to find the number match... It works for me, and I had to share my little sock trick ;)
1- bag of new socks (ahh, nothing better ;)
2- sharpie
3- label on bottom under toe so nothing shows when they are walking in them or in a show.
4- wah- lah, enjoy the extra time you wont spend laying out a million little white socks doing the size up game ;)

2 comments:

  1. this is GREAT! The boys are so close in size I am always getting their socks mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! long time no looky at your blog because you stopped posting for like a year!!! How are you all??

    I'm the 3rd of 3 kids and my father raised us completely alone from the time I was 5. He did our socks like this too but now I can't remember how because all 3 of us kids are "J" and two have the middle initial "L". I'll have to ask...but I will never forget the markings on all our socks! He also drew pictures on my lunch bags every day:)

    ReplyDelete