Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In The Sand Box.....

I started the blog to blog about my daily comings and goings.... The little things in my household that make it run or that don't really work for us... from the military wife's perspective of course.
So here we are. In the midst of another deployment.... But dont feel too bad. Yes, it is always dangerous to be in the sand box, but this is a short trip, and also one where my guy is in a situation that is much different than before. So while yes, the area is dangerous and it is always a place not to be taken lightly, this is easy.
The time line is amazing! It could not have come at a better time. Noone is having a birthday, no special occasion, and in this economy, we can DEFINITELY use the extra money. I am so at ease with it too. I really am enjoying my time with my girls and such a relaxed schedule. I usually try and get things done by a certain time so that we can all eat dinner together. I know if I dont get some house hold chore done, my hubby will just jump right in there and do it to help out. So I really want that time where both he and I are just chilling out together and not worried about the house. Now, there is no time line, if I dont get it done, oh well, so it will either get done later, or tomorrow. I LOVE that.
I guess one thing that does not like the deployments are my computer. It is running hot every day (figuratively) I am checking and re checking to see if an e-mail has popped up. Is he ok, is the schedule still the same, does he miss me too. I do not obsess over the little things, but I do hang on the e-mails because let's face it. This is not my business man going on a work trip, this is a war zone.
So since there were no e-mails today, and I knew that if I hit hotmail again, just like opening the fridge door when you are hungry, the same things would still be there, or in this case, not there. So, I decided to blog it.
I will not compalin about the havoc reaked on my house, but my sweet little girls do turn into evil little sprits and with the extra pair of eyes and hands gone, seek out and destroy anything possible... To name a few from only the past couple days
Nail polish all over the bathroom (and a brand new, 1st time worn baby nay dress)
Family sized old fashioned Oatmeal container dumped on the carpet
Crayon all over the wall
And my finger is sliced open due to my oldest saying she was sorry she was lazy and put the potato peeler in a drawer that you have to open with a finger hole, and it was facin blade side out.....

Boy I love deployments! Who's with me on that one? So as I type this out (with a smiley face band aide on my pointer finger) I am complaining, but not really. I have been through many deployments of varying lengths.. This one is more like a visit to the sand box, so I am still alone, but this time it is not coupled with the stress that they ussually are.... The stress of worrying over the saftey of the person you love so much. Ihave friends who are dealing with that,a nd it is by far, not an easy road.... You think if you are strong than you can deal with, and then you are faced with your friends husbands not comming home and reality creeps in that this is war and that is where your husband is at.... And you get scared..... And then there are days you forget to be sad or worried, and those days are amazing! So I write this on such a short deployment, buut not the same perspective I would have if he were doing something other than what he is over there doing now...... And to my friends who have husbands who are, I think of you all the time, and I dont know if today is a good day or a more difficult day for you, but you are in my thoughts and prayers and I pray you have more good thatn bad days ahead of you!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Are we supposed to translate this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I see are dingbats. It looks like something on a language apptitude test that you are supposed to figure out and translate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I show the text, but I tried to change to font, maybe I hit something on accident. Can you see it now? Thank you Margaret!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can read it now!! Thanks. Hhhmmmn, makes me wonder if I could have decoded it. What a good post. I really enjoyed reading it. I know what you mean about checking the email. My hubby always says "no news is good news", but sometimes it feels more like a bomb waiting to drop when you haven't heard from them. Then you hear from them and everything is okay again. Good luck with the girls. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers! Specifically that the nail polish leprachauns quit poking Emmary:)

    ReplyDelete