Friday, February 20, 2009





Here are a few of the boutique type bibs I have been working on. I know, I am doing so many crafty projects for the little one on here, but I made a dress for my second born which I have not posted... maybe I will later. And my oldest daughter said I can make her a necklace or a book cover..... I can not believe she is almost at the stage where anything I could make would totally lame, but for now, she will still accept a few things so, I will work on something for her next and post it on here. No more new felt dolls yet, but I have plans for those little ladies!
The bibs are made with some funky cotton material on the front that I like, and the back of the pink are done in dot minky, and the blue is done in a faux suede. I used a mother of pearl type snap closure and love these bibs so much for my little toddler. I really hate when she is wearing something cute and I have to cover it up with an ugly bib. I bought similar bibs for 12 US dollars on ebay whille I was in Germany and used them all the time, but the shape was the traditional style, and I think this is cuter for a girl who feeds herself with a big kid fork, spoon, and cup. She does not need the tiny baby bibs anymore anyhow, but the way I made these bibs, the back can fold down over to adjust the fit and make it more snug, plus the minky on the neck can only feel cozy. I pulled hers low in the picture to show that.


Anyhow, I am going to try and sell some of these babies to see if I could make money on them. I love them and have used these from my sweet infant who would need them when feeding, through teething, through first foods, and now with just using them for self feeding..... I can not believe how fast they grow, no matter how many time people said it, it seems like time flies faster and faster with each little lady I have!

2 comments:

  1. these are really good photos! Your girls are adorbale of course! and the bibs are a neat idea. They are very German. I actually never knew those were bibs. I always thought they were decorative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bibs!! I want to buy one. Let me know when you have them for sale. I want one of the dolls for Keara too. They were so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete