Friday, December 19, 2008

SO this is my first blog ever and I am excited to start it now. I guess I should try and think of something extremely catchy to get you all involved and itching to read my next blog, but I am not that creative at the moment as I just got little ones off to bed so I guess I can just sum up a little about me for those of you who may not know me that well and give you a sneak peak on what my blog will be about.
I am a mom of three little girls (that will make you tired:). I stay at home with them and do all the mom type things, so you will be reading many things I find useful in my daily life and routine as far as that goes. Also, I am a Photographer, although since this recent move (we moved state side from Germany to the west coast) I have not started the business side of it back up as I knew this was going to be a big move for me coming off the heels of a huge deployment of my husband's. I will also be blogging about the military side of things as they pertain to my daily life. And of course about my passion, Photography. Really anything and everything that is in my daily life is what you will get. Some posts will be on myself, my husband, my dog, or my girls (all three are so different, My oldest dreamer and animal lover, my second wild little leader who follows her own drum, and my sweet baby who melts my heart)... I really love reading blogs that are honest and put it out there, so that is what I am going to try and do.

I have very creative friends and the people I consider my best friends are the most genuine amazing people on the earth you could every meet! I love them with my whole heart and you will be hearing stories about us too.... names may be changed:) I love creative people and I love finding good deals! I have expensive tastes, but am willing to search for the deal or make something better by doing it myself (remember military budget). My OCD (not really) husband inspires me to be more and more organized and when he is here, I am totally on top of it, but the last deployment he was on, I fell completely off of the organization wagon and went into survival mode, which entailed us using my home as a pit stop for going from one place to another only stopping long enough to change clothes and go to an event or game and eating diner then being so tired that I did not care to exert anymore energy other than that which it took to put kids to bed and crash myself... Until the next day. I can not say it enough, BOY AM I GLAD THAT IS OVER! (For now) Deployments are hard, but the line my husband works and being deployed to a war zone reeks havoc on a wife's stress level. I did not realize how hard it would be as I thought I was one of the strong one's, but I think seeing the pain on my friends face when her husband died the previous year and then having guys get injured and loosing another in the same deployment put a somber reality check that this was not just another deployment, this was war and at that point, I began praying that I could just get through it, not because it was the holidays, but because I needed my husband and his borderline OCD behavior back in my life to drive me crazy a little longer. It was a harder road to walk than I thought, but we did get through it and are somehow here in a place that I can look back on it and remember how hard it was, but not really feel that pain... Like child birth! I think I learned a lot of lessons during that deployment that I can take with me to the next one. I just hope they are few and far between.
So, I guess that kind of sums up a little of what you will be reading from me. Please enjoy the blog as it is a direct reflection of my life. I am excited to start this blogging journey with all of you who read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment