Friday, December 19, 2008

So, I was adding my wish list to "Williams Sonoma" and found this Hot chocolate maker... I have to admit I am a hot chocolate fanatic and think I have perfected my skills as much as the little elf in the movie "The Santa Claus"... Anyhow, I make mine on the stove from scratch and found this pot and thought, how awesome. It was 40 bucks, on sale for 20, I need it! ...... Then I read the reviews talking about the frothing wand not being reliable and I thought to myself "Wait a second!"
Now fast rewind to August when I found my DREAM blender. A Blendtech blender that can juice, blend, whatever you want it does. It is awesoma nd amazing and I recomend seeing a demo if you can. I actually had a Jack lalane juicer in my cart and while I was on my way to pay saw this guy and after about 30 min, and him making a whole meal with it, I was sold! Anyhow, one of the meals was soup and so I think you are onto me now right?
YES, I will use my blendtech blender on it's soup mode and make hot chocolate... I tried it tonight and it works perfectly! I mean, I dont have to whisk and stand over the stove! If I want it hotter, I just press soup mode a second time and I have perfectly hot hot chocolate with an amazing frothy top and all I had to do was press it and I saved some moolah because I have one machine that can do what it advertises doing which is take the place of many....
Now it does have a heafty price tag, so for those of you who want to save a little (especially now) I saw another macine similar to this one (I have never used it) and it advertises to work similarly.... One is called "Back to basics smoothie blender" and one is "Smoothie Plus 700". Also there is one by Hamilton beech called the wave.
All the different price points, but I can only tell you the quality on mine and I am a huge fan of the Blendtech. It really does make ice into soft snow and there is not a hard peice left in it, then to go to hot soup... I love it. I suggest trying these babies out if you can and freeing up your counter top space! I will post one of my hot chocolate recipies tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment