Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa and Cocoa

These are my three little girls with Santa Claus.... We played Santa at home, so I thought I knew what they were going to say.... Until they got in his lap! My second born asked for a T- Rex & hello kitty slippers (the one's she saw in the window walking to see Santa), my baby daughter asked for a trampoline, and my oldest asked for a cat with gray hair and blue eyes! I snapped the picture and looked at my husband and whispered "Looks like we have some shopping to do!" What little hijackers! ;) They are all really into the holidays this year, and so am I. We started making kinderpunsch in October and it has been a spiral down the holiday band wagon ever since! I am glad they are so excited this year, especially since their daddy is home to see it!

Ok, so here is the hot chocolate recipe (one of the many, but this is an old stand by)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingredients:
6 T. Unsweetened cocoa
6 T. Sugar
Pinch of Salt
2 1/2 cup Milk
2 1/2 cup Light Cream
1/2 t. Vanilla (or more)
*one drop of coconut extract (do not over do it on this one or it will not enhance the flavor, but take it over)
OR
Pinch of Cinnamon Powder (optional)
Whipped Cream (to top)

Put it all in a pot and whisk the heck out of it until it is combined and to the heat you like to drink your cocoa. I suggest doing it on medium heat and only at the end, add heat if you want it to be more hot than warm. Last top with ice cold whipped cream of your choosing and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Your first comment!! From little old me! :)

    You made this for me once in Germany and it was the best. I'll have to try it here for my peeps.

    Love that your blogging, Dej.

    ReplyDelete