Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Closing the gap

5 MILES: Recently each and every day I have been hitting the synthetic track.... Why? I have roots in cross country, not track. But for me it is a numbers game. I can push myself to do better than the day before purely on numbers... Time, distance, whichever. I do not compete with my fellow runner friends. I actually hate when people do. I rather find common ground in the pursuit of running and being in better shape, and for each of us that is a different goal. I love a supportive spirit, but not a pushing one, as my husband dances right on that line sometimes, he does not mean to... I think it is a boy thing.
I am back in the game now.... And so happy. I checked out for a while with many different reasons and circumstances coming together in a relatively short period of time, but now that I am at the just over 6 month mark of being settled in at the new location, I am back in the game and ready! Bring it on is all I have to say!
*I over worked my hip muscle yesterday- BRING IT ON!
*I had to push the baby in her stroller and all her toys today the whole time- BRING IT ON!
*It started to rain today while I was out there with her, and all I thought was..... You guessed it, BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like me again. I had even gone to my doctor thinking something was wrong.... Most all my check ups came back just fine. (I say that because some I get the results for next month, but why wait when your motivated?) So I thought Now is my time to get back in the game. So for a while now I have been hitting it at 5 miles. First it was walking, but slowly closing the gaps and pushing myself harder each time and harder on myself than any trainer could be. I am on a strict eating schedule and so the food blog part of this will not look so round, yet a skinnier version of my old stand by recipes.

I am locked in and focused! I have my eye on the prize and if I have to beg, borrow, or STEAL my time, it is mine again! I am selfish right now and it feels great. I actually have a great plan that fits into the family schedule, but I think my husband looks at me a little differently, like he used to (and that is pretty hot), because I am dead serious about this one and there is NO turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment